Thursday, August 09, 2012

August Glaze Month


Did you see our demo video last week? It was about how to apply glaze using a brush. I find that many questions have been asked have been about glazing so I thought I'd launch a glaze series. Over the next couple of weeks (or longer if need be) The Ceramic Shop will be creating demonstrations based on different glazing techniques and things we feel you should know. If you have any question we are more than happy to hear them because we want to answer as many questions as possible.

I feel perhaps I was hasty in jumping straight into applying glazes last week, so this week we are going to be taking a little step back. I would like to cover the basics from testing glazes, applying glazes and what precautions to take to keep your pieces looking fabulous while not destroying your kiln. It is my goal by the end of this to inform you on useful techniques and products that will make glazing less of a stress and more of a pleasure.

So sit tight, stay tuned and all that jazz; I hope you're ready to learn about glazes because August is going to be a month about glazing. Leave us a comment on our Facebook or our videos and I will make sure all your questions get answered!