Thursday, May 03, 2012

Xiem Adds FLEX to Their Family of Tools



We've had a lot of items added to our store the last few weeks and they are all really exciting. One of the things I can not wait to try is some of the new Xiem tools. Xiem makes high quality and brightly colored tools. We have just added some of their new mini rollers for decorating. They have bright turquoise handles and each of the four sets comes with three different rollers. There is also a couple of tools that provide a bit of flexibility to your work. This includes a flexible ruler and something called a potter's wand which is used while throwing. These flexible tools provide the user with the angle or shape they need to get the job done. What I'm excited to try is the new clay cutter. It is designed to be customizable. This means you can change out the wire to alter not only the length but the kind of wire. For me that's really cool because the long wire cutters never really cut it for me, if you know what I mean. With this tool it's easy to change out the wire and it even comes with three interchangeable wires.  One is a straight wire cutter and the other two are spring wires to provide texture while cutting! How cool is that? A hex key is included so you don't even have to go looking for one that fits. And I don't know about you but I love tools that come with their own... tools.